Mark Wickens at Inspiration, looks for teachers who have completed their degrees and have at least one year of experience in the classroom or on a school board OT list.
We look for teachers who:
- have a B. Ed. qualification
- are members of the OCT (or other teaching license)
- have a police check and vulnerable sector check completed
- have outstanding collegial collaborative problem-solving skills and are team players
- are intrinsically motivated and future ready to teach
- have outstanding character and strong values
- can program for the differentiated needs of today’s classroom
- are sensitive to all kinds of diversity and can program appropriately
- are patient, respectful, honest
- are organized, fun, and creative
- are flexible patient and resilient
- bring a sense of humour to school every day.
- enjoy working with students inside and outside the classroom
- develop organized unit plans and utilize backward design planning
- can bring the world into the classroom
- enjoys working with students of all ages and develop positive relationships.
- understands Marzano’s High Yield Strategies
- understands how to implement engaging Instructional Pedagogy
- have excellent technology skills and know how to implement technology into the curriculum
- are creative and promote inquiry based learning and utilize collaborative learning
- incorporate the arts into their curriculum
- can implement multiple kinds of assessment for, as and of learning