Sen Teaching Assistant
PRU – Pupil Referral Unit
£20-21k depending on experience
We are currently working with a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) based in Slough. They are looking for two experienced SEN Teaching Assistant’s, that has experience working in a Pupil Referral unit or similar setting and working with students with challenging behaviour. You will be expected to work within a small class with a maximum of 6 students and supporting them with their work. You will be supporting the Class Teacher, enabling all pupils to receive the right amount of care and support.
The Pupil Referral Unit caters for secondary students between the ages of 11-16 with challenging behaviour, EBD and autism. It was rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted, with ‘Outstanding’ aspects, and is very well equipped with good facilities and resources, which the staff make full use of to offer the best level of support to students. It is vital to the school that a positive learning environment is created, where both the students and the staff enjoy learning and where there are opportunities for pupils to progress into college or further work-related learning.
The school is within walking distance to an over ground station and is on several bus routes, and easily accessible from the M40. Parking is available on site for all staff members.
- Managing pupil’s behaviour
- Ensuring students engage with lessons, providing academic support and working under the instruction of the class teacher.
- Experience working in specialist schools such as SEN schools or Pupil Referral Units
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience
- Strong behaviour management and confident with challenging behaviour
- SEN experience is essential
- One to one and small group work
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic and friendly
- Team Teach Trained (not desirable)