Key stage 3 Intervention Programme Lead
Slough, Berkshire, England
£20,027 per annum
Full time (37 hours per week), term time plus Inset Days
Contact: See Mark for contact details at: [email protected]
We are currently working with a Pupil Training Centre based in Slough.
We are looking for an outstanding member of staff who wants to make a difference to the lives of complex young people across Slough by leading HPTC, across the Key Stage 3 Intervention Programme.
Our client is a Pupil Training Centre (HPTC) that runs four-week intervention programmes in Slough.
The programme supports young people at the risk of exclusion in their mainstream school.
The team works closely with the young people and their schools and supports them back in their school once they have completed the course.
The Centre is within walking distance to an over ground station and is on several bus routes, and easily accessible from the M40. Parking is available on site for all staff members.
- Take a leading role in the planning, organization and delivery of the HPTC programme
- Help to raise standards of pupil achievement across the curriculum through tracking of relevant data.
- Build pupils’ self-esteem and confidence and empower pupils to manage their own behaviour.
- Ensure appropriate behaviour management systems and procedures are in place, monitored and consistently adhered to.
- Manage pupils with challenging behaviours.
- Build positive relationships with pupils and their parents.
- Monitor attendance and ensure appropriate follow up actions are taken in a timely manner.
- Produce high quality records and maintain appropriate information for each pupil.
- Build and maintain effective and supportive relationships with parents and carers.
- To coordinate the communication with external partners including local mainstream schools.
- To ensure the delivery of a motivating programme of learning for all students that brings about measurable progress and achievement.
- To play a key role in planning the programme including liaison with trainers and external providers and to lead sessions as appropriate.
- To take a lead on supporting student reintegration into mainstream schools.
- To liaise with parents before during and after the programmes take place.